Thursday, October 21, 2010

Melinda - Things that don't kill you, make you stronger



Tuesday I related so much with the story/truth of Job (never heard it before, not much in
favor of the bible).

Loosing everything - what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...Job and this quote go
hand in hand.

I had some similar experiences in my life.

The earthquake of 1994 - Northridge California:





This took everything I was and had.  I was a high end Corporate Purchasing agent for over 12 years.  Money, home, car, clubs, shopping, clothing, shoes (180 pairs), etc.  It was the late 80's early 90's.
LIFE WAS GREAT or so I thought.

In literally seconds, my life (great life) was gone, along with my job and two friends.  With no light at the end of the tunnel, suicide was on my mind and actions were taken twice over a years period.  After many doctors, therapists, drug, etc. I knew if I was going to live again, I had to leave LA.



Not to go into much detail...that earthquake shook the shit out of my and I actually woke to my true
self (if self is the right word).  Not making crap anymore for money, I have the greatest life in the world and it just keeps getting better.

I had another life/death experience in 2004...I was actually one night away from never waking up again.  I had a terrible condition called sleep apnea.  Mentally messed up from years of lack of sleep, I considered suicide again.  Then I had the chance to get help at UCLA and once again, my life came back.



I have lived a life of hardships (with some great moments), but I would not trade on of my hardships for any other life.  It made me who I am today.  Even at 47 (next month) I am surely not done experiencing both good and bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment