Tuesday, October 5, 2010

http://treasuretexts.blogspot.com/2010/10/narcissus-and-revelations.html

Reading Seth's blog with the cartoon...It reminded me of a "wake" I went to for a very good friend in Big Sky who died in an avalanch.  My friend gave the speak at the "wake" and this line has never left me and I really try to make the most of my "dash"

my bad in memory..I can't remember the name of the person speaking or who died.....but these were the words:

"it's not the date of you birth or the date of your death that we need to remember, it's the little dash in between and (?????) really made the most of his dash".

It always facinated me after this that so many of us focus on when we were born and when someone dies but the real life of that person is all they did within the "little dash".

Joseph John Campbell (March 26, 1904 -------------------------------------------  October 30, 1987)

How are you going to live your "dash - ?"

No comments:

Post a Comment