Monday, October 18, 2010

Melinda - a bad day (or two) "dead limb and electric shock"



Dead Limb

     Sound asleep, my unconsciousness woke me suddenly.  I quickly looked at the clock, 2am?  Something was not right.  Sitting up, I went to push back the covers and realized I couldn't.  Still half asleep,
I realized my right arm was gone.  Figuring it just feel asleep, like my limbs always do, I waited
for it to start waking.  Nothing.  Taking a closer look, I realized it didn't look right.  Pale white, puffy
and limp.  "Shake it out" I told myself.  It did not move.  I looked at it and my will could not lift it.
no movement, no tingles, no nothing.  Fear stuck me hard, my heart raced.  I shifted my position
in bed and the limb just dragged behind me.  I took my left limb, grabbed my right lifeless limb
and shook.  Nothing.
  
 More panic set in.  I decided to get out of bed, go downstairs and give it some time.
Sitting on the couch, I turned on the distraction maker.  CNN it had to be, because all the
other little distraction makers are selling things. 

     A half hour past, I feel something...it's coming alive....but not like limbs come alive after
being asleep.  Come to think of it, this really upsets me.  I should be asleep and my limb is
hogging all the sleep time.  Another half hour passes and more life is coming back.  By 4 something
am, it was back.  Off to bed I went like nothing happened...which really shouldn' t have been
the case.

     Tuesday I woke to nothing but panic, but my limb was forgotten.  It was an exam.  Exam,
Exam, Exam...that was all that was on my mind, considering it was only 5:30a now.  Getting
up, review for the exam (after coffee) I head off for the exam.  Exam in progress, it was
about 9am now.  Oh....stop it...something or someone was shocking the hell out of my
upper right chest.  No, stop it...not now..it proceeded.  Then feeling light headed, it stopped.

     Exam done, the panic of last night and this morning sunk in.  To the hospital I went.  We
all know how this goes....no evidence of there being a lifeless limb or a chest shocker.  The only
only person that could probably figure it out, sadly was out of my league (the infamous brain
scan).

 

The End...maybe it almost was....................

No comments:

Post a Comment