Tuesday, November 9, 2010

http://treasuretexts.blogspot.com/2010/11/patience.html

Seth blog on patience sparked a thought in me. 

He states: "In Ovid's Metamorphosis, the heroes make the mistake of not being patient enough and then pay for their mistake at the whims of the Gods. If Icarus had been a bit more patient, he would've flown just fine. Proserpina and Eve impatiently ate forbidden fruits without thinking through the consequences".


In my life I do a lot of work on trying to teach patience and thinking before one acts.  My education lies in helping others realized we must start or continue practicing walking lightly in our lives for our Great Mother Earth's health.  We rush through our lives, through our day in a lack of thought (and even concern) of what we have just done to get to our illusions of need.  If we all had patience, took a breath and thought of each action before we preform it, think of all the changes we could produce to ensure our Great Mother Earth is being well taken care of.

I will state this again and I did in one of my earlier blogs:

"This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." 
(chief seattle 1854)

No comments:

Post a Comment